What is your field of research?
I am taking part in a postgraduate course in Research and Public policy.
How effective was the course in achieving your learning objectives?
I am more aware of the scientific writing and publishing process and this has empowered me to be more confident in writing and publishing my manuscripts.
What did you like most about the training?
The facilitators are experienced and they know well how to effectively deliver the training. The methodology used for the training was effective in conducting an adult centric workshop with a focus on academic publishing to dissemination of research outputs.
Outline 3 things that you will take with you/have learnt in this session
1. Brainstorming, using the Problem Tree
2. Basic knowledge for data analysis using R
3. Effective use of Open Access E-resources for improved research discovery process
4. How to effectively use reference management softwares in citing my work.
5. Coming up with an effective journal selection strategy in identify where to publishing my manuscripts
6. How to draft the annotated structure for an article to be published, in accordance with the requirement of a given journal
How do you hope to change your practice as a result of this training?
My hope is to start publishing cause now I know how to organize my article and I know where I can look for a journal to submit my manuscript. Moreover, I am aware that publishing is not easy but, it is possible.