Scientific Writing and Publishing
Scientific Writing and Publishing course
Publishing and Open Access
- Understanding the academic publishing industry
- Understanding the importance of Open Access in publishing
- Using pre-print repository services-AfricArxiv
- Understanding the Science of Citation Practice
- Understanding the use of H Index
- Understanding How Impact Factor works
- Visibility of research using ResearchGate,ORCID & Publons.
Process of Writing an Academic Paper
- What are non-primary publications
- Some major types of non-primary publications
- What are primary publications
- The structure of a primary scientific article
- How to compose – The Title
- The delicate art of deciding about Authorship
- How to write – Addresses, The Abstract?, The Introduction, The material & methods, Results, Discussion, Other Parts: acknowledgements, & appendices, etc.
- How to cite & compile – References
- The writing process : how to write the first version?, Preparing the final version, How to submit a paper?
Scientific editing process
- How to interact with editor
- How to write Revisions
- What happens with the MS after acceptance?
- Technical editing
- What to do with a published paper
- How to write Conference proceedings paper, Review article, Book chapter
The Journal Selection Process
- How to decide where to send a MS for publication
- How to select a journal for your publication
Using AI in Academic Writing
- My endnoteweb.com – Thomson Reuters, (Currently Clarivate Analytics)
- Journal Finder – Elsevier