Training Centre in Communication (TCC) has introduced a Work Study Programme, which, it partially pays school fees for its staff at an Undergraduate and Postgraduate level.
The objective of the Work Study Programme is to provide a platform for the young academics on the ethics and ethos of running programmes, in preparation for their careers, at the same time assisting them with their academic financial obligations.
How it Works
- The members of TCC staff must be students from the partner universities.
- The TCC staff will be working between 8:00 am -4:00pm and are expected to go for their relevant classes where necessary.
- The TCC staff will take the duties of Administrative Assistant and Programme Assistant.
- The TCC staff must go through a three month probation period before being inducted into the programme.
- The postgraduate staff is expected to publish a paper out of their thesis.
- The TCC staff is expected to present a quarterly report on their studies and involvement in scientific communication activities (presentations in workshops, school departments, meetings etc.)
- The TCC staff is expected to work for the duration of their study or academic period.
- Three months prior to their final year examinations, the TCC staff is expected to train the new recruits and officially handover their duties to them.
- TCC will pay a reasonable monthly stipend to the staff during their Work Study Programme
Recipients of the Work Study Programme